Thursday, April 26, 2012

Churn Dash Love


Yay!! I received my doll quilt in the mail last week. I am thrilled with the little quilt that was made just for me.  It came all the way from California, made by Wendi. Isn't the design so cool? I just love churn dashes and stars, so this just works in so many ways. (It also reminds me of a block that I like that was in my bee quilt.) Check out the binding. She aligned it with the colours in the block!


She sent along some wonderful goodies. I got some great text fabrics that look like typewritten words and some yummy chocolate. I am so spoiled!


And let's not forget about this wonderful zippy pouch. I really like it a lot! The colours are just awesome. I keep meaning to make myself one, but that hasn't seemed to happen yet.


The back is just great too, with lots of lovely handwriting fabric and a cute label. Also, Wendi made some hangers for it. Very practical for hanging on my wall.


Here it is on the wall behind my sewing machine with the doll quilt that I got last year! I'm so excited to have a collection now. Maybe I should make something to go up there too.  (If I ever get around to it.) Maybe I'll just participate in some more swaps!

I haven't forgotten that I need to show you the completed Owl quilt.  I'll get to that soon.

xo Nicole

3 comments:

Carla said...

Nicole, you get involved in the neatest swaps! Both quilts are lovely : ) Enjoy your goodies.

Unknown said...

I love that you are going to post your mini quilts on the wall! If you get enough it'll be a whole gallery, representing friends from around the world! Ya you got spoiled - I'm happy for you... well maybe a lil bit jealous too! Have a great day!

Wendi said...

Your doll quilts look great on the wall. I'm hoping to get mine hung this weekend. I love that little bear paw quilt. : )